The Organising Committee welcomes the submission of original contributions for oral and poster presentations on the following topics, and related areas:
Biomedical & Health Sciences
Industrial Bioprocess & Bioproducts
Bioethics, Biosafety & Biosecurity
Agricultural Biochemistry & Biotechnology
Genomics, Proteomics & Metabolomics
Gene Expression & Regulation
Protein Structure, Function & Regulation
Environmental Biochemistry & Biotechnology
Nutrition & Clinical Biochemistry
Natural Products & Drug Discovery
Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
Pharmaceuticals & Pharmacogenomics
Young Investigators Session
In collaboration with the Young Scientists Network - Academy of Sciences Malaysia (YSN-ASM), ICBMBB is introducing a special session called the Young Investigators Session. Participants are given 5 minutes to present with 3 minutes of Q&A.
These Rapid Orals will be judged by a panel of YSN-ASM & ICBMMB judges to choose ONE recipient of the Young Investigators Award. Up to 20 rapid oral slots will be offered.
Eligibility Criteria for Rapid Orals:
No more than 40 years of age at the time of the conference
Current postgraduate student OR
Postdoctorate (no more than than 2 years after conferment of PhD)
Rapid Orals typically highlight significant preliminary findings or offer a summary of research findings.
Instruction for authors:
Each participant is limited to ONE paper as the presenting author but may co-author other papers.
1. Abstract must be in English and not exceed 250 words.
2. Abstracts should be single-spaced, in Times New Roman font size 12.
3. Abstracts should be submitted in Microsoft word .doc or .docx format.
4. Abstract should consist of a title (capitalized, bold), full name of author(s) (capitalized), affiliation of
author(s), and body of abstract.
5. Provide up to 5 keywords.
6. Presenting author’s name should be in bold.
7. Corresponding author should be indicated with an asterisk (*) and the email provided.
8. Corresponding author email should be in font 11.
Incorrectly formatted submissions or those requiring English editing will be returned to the submitting author for amendments prior to acceptance.
Abstract submission is done online using the link below. Upload your abstract in doc./docx. following the format shown in the SAMPLE ABSTRACT.
Alternatively, you can email your abstract to:
c/o Assoc. Prof. Dr. Hwang Jung Shan